Monday, March 7, 2011

Peace

I had the most amazing conversation yesterday.  I can't believe that I am married to a man who is so wise when I need him to be.  I am truely blessed more than I give credit for most days.

I have really been struggling with answers.  There are so many that I do not have and don't know how to get.  I didn't realize the effect that it was having on me and my family.  I have been wondering why stress has been coming so easily and fustrations are involved in most of my days.  I have prayed, rebuked, and cried with little change. 

Finally I open up to Matt, like he hasn't notice right?  I told him how I was feeling.  With lots of caution, love, and plenty of God's help, He told me that I need to be okay with making mistakes, not having the answers, and not being able to figure everything out.  Simple, right?  It hit me and hard.  He told me that he and the kids would all be okay if I made a bad decision even a big one.

Why is this a revelation to me?  I know all of this.  I guess just didn't for my own life.  How much more is there that I know, but don't really know it for me?

This has been my distraction!  The enemy has had me so wrapped up in these situations that my growth has been stunted lately.  It is amazing how after just that conversation the weight that has left, the peace that has come, and this morning the revelation I once again received (even though small) by reading His Word. 

Thank you God for awakening me to me, to the distraction.  Help me to not allow distraction in my life! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So great Kati and I am glad you had that breakthru for yourself too!!! I too and so thankful for a wise husband so many times, even with things that we should know. Sometimes is takes someone close to us to show us and thankfully we both have amazing husbands to do that for us!