Saturday, December 18, 2010

Seeing

I came upstairs and saw your Cinderella doll and your milk cup in the window sill of our room.  When I went into the bathroom the tie to my sweater was tied to the bathroom towel rack.  It really struck me in that moment of how these moments will not last forever and that one day I won't see these little presents you give to me.  One day you will grow up and leave behind these "childish" things, but I hope that you know I will always treasure them.

I went into your room just to see you once more before falling asleep and was once again amazed by how beautiful you are.  I had to just watch you sleep for awhile.  God has truely blessed me with such a wonderful little girl.

I am so thankful when He stops me long enough to take these special moments in.  I pray that I don't allow myself to ever get to busy where I will miss them.

I am off to some much needed sleep, but I might go in one more time to get a short snuggle with my little firstborn.

1 comment:

Tori said...

oh, friend, how i think about those days often too... when we won't be stepping on toys and cleaning up messes all day long. some nights, i just want to hit "pause" because life is so wonderfully sweet right now.

you're such a great mother, kati. you cherish those girls with your whole heart and that will help to shape them into amazing women of God.

this was so beautiful!